When you are trying to grow your business and fan base on Twitter, you follow many different types of people. When you begin following a large amount of people, your Twitter feed can become jumbled and even overwhelming at times. This is where Twitter lists come to the rescue. Twitter has developed lists to help you organize your news feed and categorize the people you follow into smaller and more manageable sizes.
Before we go about learning how to make a Twitter list, you need to know that there are two different types of lists, public and private.
Public lists are created so that anyone who can see your profile, can see the lists you have made. Public lists are great for networking and connecting with people.
Private lists are better for internal control and help you keep an eye on things without everyone knowing.
We will use Trucking Insurance Services to show you how lists work! Since they are a national company, they want to follow truck drivers all over the United States.
1. Find your audience on Twitter and follow them. For more information on advanced searches, read “How To Find YOUR Audience of Twitter”.
2. Once you have found a potential client or someone you should connect with, add them to a list so you can organize your thoughts. I found National Fleet Services, which is a company that specialized in fleet management. Under their description, there is a drop down that looks like a person. Click this!
3. There will be a drop down menu and you will click the “add to list“ option.
4. If this is your first list, you will click “create a list”. If it is not, you can add people to your existing lists. Do you see the locks that appear beside my lists? This lets me know that they list is private and that only I can see it.
5. If you create a new list, this box should appear. Be sure to fill it out completely. If another team member logs in to the Twitter account, you want to make sure they know why you created this list and what they should be keeping their eye out for.
Now you try it! Organize your Twitter feed and it will cut down your time searching for specific people and will make your life a whole lot easier!
Written byat .